NGO Business Management and Innovation
Equal Justice 平義社 is a digitally-committed, purpose-driven start-up that helps people anticipate, prevent and solve their legal problems by bringing free, practical legal education, information and support into the community. Equal Justice 平義社 is both a start-up and spin-off. It is a community impact entity that both extends and continues the team’s 6 years of justice work at NGO PathFinders.
With community and technology at our core, we focus on three areas:
- Legal Services Connecting those in need with those who can help. Our legal case workers and collaborative lawyers provide information and support.
- Education Helping people understand the law and empowering them to help themselves.
- Research Focusing society on the needs we see and the collective impact of helping, while fostering long term support and change for good.
- Developing and contributing to EQJ’s 平義社 digital communications, social media, marketing, fundraising, and partnerships strategy;
- Working on reporting enhancement projects, such as streamlining and automating the quarterly donor reporting and building fundraising reports in Xero;
- Enabling EQJ 平義社 to accept online donations, e.g. PayPal
- Working on several business automation projects, such as enhancing our case management flow in our SalesForce, building an education and self-service portal for clients and building out impact dashboards in PowerBi;
- Enhancing EQJ’s website (knowledge of HTML and other website development languages would advantageous)
- Producing and editing videos to support EQJ’s projects.
- Applicants must be enrolled in, or have graduated in 2020 or 2021 from, a post secondary institution in business management, marketing, economics, sales, computer science, engineering, data-analytics, statistics or other degrees
- Hold a valid visa to work in Hong Kong. Equal Justice is unable to sponsor visas, or conduct remote internships.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and/or Chinese.
- Have a demonstrated interest in:
- using technology to help underserved communities and enhance the effectiveness of legal and business operations; and/or business management, finance or operations support in the community impact sector/context.
- Be a dynamic team communicator and collaborative worker, a quick learner who is able to work under pressure and in a growing environment.
- This internship does not require applicants to have knowledge of coding languages or civil society governance regulations.
Watch our internship video and read our detailed description of the internship with application guidelines.
- March 2, 2021
- February 25, 2021