We are an established and further growing business that provides a specialist recruitment service for investment banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, asset managers and Fintech firms across the Asia Pacific region.
In 2010, BAH Partners commenced business in Hong Kong, head-hunting and placing technology professionals within the banking and finance domain. Our clients typically include the major investment banking household names, as well as a number of prestigious hedge funds, proprietary trading firms and financial technology providers in the region. We are also now working with some of the best technology firms in Asia and are also actively involved in the Fintech start-up scene.
As an Associate, your role is that of “Consultant in training”. You will work closely with your Manager and others on specific tasks and assignments by helping to source, manage and close candidates on roles and opportunities.
As you become more fluid at approaching candidates, you will begin to manage them throughout the recruitment process (interviews, preparation, client feedback, offer management, closing, post offer management), gradually being given more freedom as you progress.
Then, once you’re a seasoned recruitment consultant who has mastered the candidate skills, we will let you develop your client and account management skills.
- Candidate generation – you will be required to identify and HEAD-HUNT key technologists within the industry for any one of a number of client specifications we are working on. You will meet them, brief them, help them put together their CV, and work closely with your Manager as they engage in the interview process.
- Candidate regeneration – we have lots of candidate CVs on our database. Too many to deal with at any one moment. So, you will help us regenerate some of the older candidate relationships we have by checking in with them from time-to-time.
- Advertising – you will create, edit and place adverts on a daily basis. We use a variety of online advertising partners, as well as our LinkedIn Group and website.
- Candidate database generation and management – as you head-hunt, regenerate and advertise, you will collect lots of CVs and information. You will need to manage this information so that you can react and execute when a new role is released by one of our clients. As well as our own in-house developed recruitment system, you will be encouraged to forge your own methods of working and managing your candidates.
- Market mapping – basically, by having a clear picture of ‘who does what’ at the organisations within your market sector, you will know who to call for any specific position that we are working on.
- Candidate management – interviews, expectations, offers, counter offers… these are just some of the issues that we have to deal with to deliver effectively to our clients. It will be down to you to get to know and understand your candidate so that, when the time comes, they are happy with the offer they receive…
- Offer and post-offer management – this is the most complex part of the role. When you are dealing with people there are so many variables that need to be accounted for. Once you are experienced enough, you will tasked with closing candidates on any offers they receive and then managing them through their resignation to their start date.
- Client specification management – when our clients release a role, it is down to us to illicit what they are ‘really’ looking for and, in some cases, manage their expectations as to what the market can yield, in terms of candidates. You will come back to your colleagues with a clear picture of the requirement and work collectively to deliver to it.
- Account management – you will be given small accounts to work on, where you will build relationships with clients and become their first point of contact with the candidate market.
Career path and opportunities
This is a company that is going places. If you are a person that is going places, too, then we can help each other get there. Typically, you can expect your career at BAH Partners to take the following path:
Consultant (Associate / Senior Associate) à Senior Consultant / Account Manager (Senior Associate / Associate Director) à Leading Consultant (Associate Director)