A brochure on how to find a job for freshers
Before we look at how to find jobs for freshers, here’s why employers are reluctant to offer graduate jobs to recent graduates. Most employers find it unsatisfactory to hire freshers because of their incompetent CVs, lack of technical skills, and lack of workplace etiquette. However, this is not a situation you can’t break.
How to get a job as a fresher?
1. Find a suitable job – it will be a nice surprise to shift your approach and spend more time thinking about what would be a good career for you after graduation. Prepare a list of jobs that you find exciting and analyze your skill set to understand what would suit you and be good at doing.
2. Prepare a CV and a cover letter – Whether you apply for jobs online or offline, a CV and cover letter are two weapons you need before you enter the fray. The cover letter describes in detail to the recruiter your skillset and what makes you the perfect candidate for the position.
3. Prepare for the interview – you’ve already won half the battle by being shortlisted for an interview, but this is the more crucial part of the interview process. Do your research on the company before attending the interview. Prepare answers for common interview questions, but make sure you don’t recite a boilerplate answer. Your answers should clearly state your skills and interests, as well as your passion for the job.
How to prepare for the competition associated with graduate jobs？
1. Use walk-in interviews – Walk-in interviews are a great way to get yourself comfortable with the interview process. With each interview you attend, you’ll gain confidence, learn what to expect from the process, and be ready when interview time comes! You don’t need to make a prior appointment, you can just go to the interview. You don’t need to make a prior appointment, you can just walk in and meet the recruiter.
2. Good internships – Internships are the panacea for all the problems you may encounter when looking for a graduate job. They give you the opportunity to find out what the industry expects of you and to add more experience to yourself by using your skills in a real-time environment.
3. Learn the skills needed – every graduate job has a wide range of skills that employers look for in candidates and there are many online courses available to learn these skills. Earn yourself a job by adding to your strengths.
4. Be articulate – Everyone likes someone who is articulate. A few things you can try are reading lots of newspapers and books, watching programs on the language you wish to improve, and attending events involving public speaking and people management. You can also learn the nuances of professional communication through training in business communication skills.
Things to consider when applying for graduate jobs as a fresher
1. If you can’t do it, don’t pretend. Mentioning skills you don’t have will only make the situation worse. Do you want the recruiter to ask you an exotic question that you don’t understand at all? If not, write in your CV only what you know.
2. Break down grammatical errors and filler answers. The two biggest obstacles for the interviewer are grammatical and spelling errors in your application and boilerplate answers to questions. Surprise the interviewer with your answers and your honesty!
How can freshers get a job?
1. Online portals. Online job portals are viable ways to do this. You can turn to portals such as Monster.com, Naukri.com, Angellist, etc. to help you gather information and find the position and company of your choice.
2. Company websites. If you have your eye on a particular company, you can simply visit their official careers page and follow the process they say to apply for a job there. Usually, the process involves filling out an application form with your CV and cover letter or sending both to the point of contact.
3. LinkedIn search. LinkedIn looks like one of Aladdin’s wishes that the genie granted when he was looking for a career after graduation. You can update your LinkedIn headline to let employers know about your job search aspirations. You can also get in touch with staff at the organization you want to work for and ask them to recommend you or find out about the organization’s requirements.
To read other blogs, click here
Find prospective interns by visiting our website